Fiona Oakes #Vegan Inspirational Woman. Following her success in the Sahara Desert last year when she became the first lifelong female vegan to complete the grueling Marathon des Sables, Fiona now has her sights firmly set on the challenge of both the North Pole and the Antarctic Marathon.
The North Pole Marathon will be in April & South Pole in November.
These are expensive events to enter, but thankfully the organisers have waiver the entry fee of 12,000 odd Euros for the North Pole Marathon as they are so impressed with Fiona’s incredible achievements and commitment to Charitable causes.
Please help us to publicise this event as this is an awesome opportunity for Fiona to show the World that choosing to live on a plant based diet is not prohibitive to the kind of performance a body needs to not only compete in these events, but do well too. Fiona holds 4 Marathon course records !
Fiona wants to raise as much as possible to help with the feed costs of the 400 rescues at Tower Hill Stables Animal Sanctuary (Click on the Logo below to go to the Sanctuary Site)
Some of Fiona’s Marathon Results
- 5th place in Florence 2004
- 17th place in Berlin 2006
- 22nd place in London 2006
- 8th place in Amsterdam 2005
- 1st place in Halstead 2007 (Course Record held)
- 1st place Santa Claus Marathon 2010 (Finland) Course Record
- 1st place in Great North Run (Masses Race) 2010
- 1st place Ruska Marathon (Finland) 2011 – Course Record
- 1st place Dartmoor Vale 2011 – Course Record
- Marathon des Sables – 2012
- 1st place North Pole Marathon – 2013 Course Record
- 1st Place Isle of Man Marathon 2013
Fiona completed the Antarctic Ice Marathon on 20th Novemember 2013 – a race that brings to a conclusion the challenge that began at the North Pole Marathon in April 2013.